Monday, February 16, 2015
We believe that Social Media can be effective for any (yes ANY) business. Small or large, sexy or practical – with the right plan, content & delivery – social can deliver genuine returns against a range of objectives.
So it holds true that brands in a highly competitive marketplace like financial services can see real benefits from the right approach, however difficult it might seem to engage customers.
In the finance sector, insurance companies are especially challenged to make social pay its way. With Insurance an occasional distress purchase, meaningful engagement with customers can feel a very distant objective. But with the right approach, high quality email addresses are ripe for the picking from social and that’s the commercial currency that financial services companies trade on the best.
Based on our extensive experience in the sector and recent learnings about Facebook changes that have dramatically impacted the potential to acquire leads from the network, we’ve put together some ideas that we know will be effective at delivering quality email leads for Insurance companies from Facebook.
Product range pairs
A fun and addictive Facebook promotion that challenges customers to pair up items they own and that need insuring. The example shown is for a specialist insurer, but will work just as easily for mainstream car, motorcycle, home contents or travel insurers.
How it works
- Through targeted promotional activities, we drive relevant audiences to a tab on your Facebook page where the campaign game application is hosted.
- In this fun memory game, users are challenged to match two of the same images of your product or services by clicking on panels to turn them over – with each pair staying visible once the right panels are selected.
- During gameplay, a clock runs at the top of the screen, recording the time that users achieved when they first complete the game.
- The timer is connected to additional daily or weekly incentives such as discount codes or upgrades for the “quickest” players, encouraging players to play again. Once the game is finished, users complete a simple form to submit their details and are prompted to share with friends.
- The mechanic can be incentivised by making friend invites compulsory for multiple play.
Why you’ll love it:
- Fun mechanic with viral potential that keeps users engaged and motivated to play again.
- Drives awareness of core service messages or information about products through multiple play.
- Robust data collection with full opt-in functionality for compliance with data capture regulations.
- Encourages entrants to concentrate on product pair selections and multiple game play, raising awareness of your products with repeat exposure.
Customer Profiling Questionnaire
A fun and engaging Facebook multiple choice questionnaire that helps entrants discover their personality type and provides useful pre-qualifying insights for insurers on entrants’ attitudes towards risk and other important factors.
How it works
- Entrants are driven to a tab on your Facebook page and asked to answer a series of engaging questions related to your product or service offering.
- Mixing light-hearted options with aspirational ones, the questions reveal the entrants interests and preferences – potentially including attitudes to risk and safety.
- The customer completes four levels of questions and a data capture form to enter.
- A bespoke results page is served based on the answers entrants gave, providing a product or service recommendation as part of a fun description of their personality type.
Why you’ll love it
- This an engaging and well proven entry mechanic that users enjoy and it always drives high levels of participation.
- It produces good quality insights on customer choices & preferences and these can be used to tailor follow up offers via newsletter to specific audiences.
- Questions can also be set to be educational, taking users through a product or service offering – step by step – making it perfect for a product launch or explaining a brand’s unique selling points.
Watch & Win
An immersive Facebook promotion that makes potential customers watch a promotional video or advert to find the answer to a question.
How it works
- Using our proven promotional tactics, we drive entrants to a competition tab on your Facebook page where a promotional video or advert for your business is embedded.
- Customers are asked to watch the short clip in order to find the answer to a question relating to your products and services.
- The answer is found at least two thirds into the video – ensuring key messages about your products are watched and absorbed.
- Once they’ve found the answer, customers make their selection in a drop down box.
- Post-entry, a thanks page prompts customers to share the promotion and visit your website for more information.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s a great way to get views on pre-existing video and promotional content that supports product messaging or your brand’s unique selling points.
- The question can be easy to enter to maximise entrants – or more challenging, to ensure deeper immersion in the messaging through repeat views.
- Daily or weekly promotions can be easily delivered by changing the video from time to time and setting a new question – driving repeat plays and extending exposure to your brand.
- It’s a proven entry mechanic and drives great participation and strong traffic to your website with the right calls to action and set up of content.
How our campaigns work
We activate our campaigns through highly targeted Social PR and Influencer outreach combined with optimised Social advertising to deliver reach to exactly the right audience.
Data capture is comprehensive and flexible allowing full compliance with all opt-in regulations and all applications are fully functional on desktop, mobile and tablet.
We specialise in arranging highly relevant top quality commercial partners for our promotions. As part of the arrangements with them, we can negotiate free product as prizes, access to their social networks and inclusion in their newsletters to further extend campaign reach.
We also ensure awareness is raised in your existing community by working with third party or in-house social teams on special announcements via your existing profiles.
Finally, we actively support commercial follow up of any campaign with offers such as discount or money off coupons via the campaign mechanic or a follow up newsletter to deliver a direct return on campaign investment.
For more information on these highly effective ways to collect pre-qualified customer leads from social media – and Facebook in particular, please contact us or call 0117 9111420.