Tuesday, March 3, 2015
We believe that Social Media holds incredible potential for Tour Operators, not only to raise brand awareness, but to unlock new booking opportunities.
Tour Operators have a story to tell which people want and love to hear, and by leveraging this unique knowledge and expertise of travel to engage their communities – social can deliver against a range of objectives including turning brand loyals into more bookings.
Competing against major players and a wealth of other competitors, capturing customers’ attention and conversions can seem a very daunting challenge for Tour Operators – especially on social. However, with the right approach, Tour Operators can see real returns through social to include increased sales.
Based on our extensive experience working in the Travel sector and recent learnings about Facebook changes that have dramatically impacted the potential to acquire leads from the network, we’ve put together some social media campaign ideas that we know will deliver results against Tour Operators’ most important objectives.
Discover Your Next Holiday
An engaging Facebook multiple choice questionnaire that helps entrants discover the type of traveller they are and provides a range of customer insights important for Tour Operators including customers’ preferred activities, destinations, and time to travel.
How it works
- Your potential customers are asked to answer questions about their holiday preferences.
- Mixing fun, personality-style options with questions for customer insights, the questions reveal the entrants interests and preferences – while showcasing a variety of exciting images from previous trips and holidays you want to promote.
- The customer completes four levels of questions and submits their details to enter.
- Based on their responses, customers are served a bespoke holiday recommendation with a link to a relevant page on your website.
Why you’ll love it
- This is a tried and true campaign mechanic that users enjoy, proven to drive high levels of participation.
- Questions can be set to be educational, taking users through a product or service offering – step by step – making it perfect for a tour promotion or to highlight the unique selling points of your company’s tours.
- It produces good quality insights on customer choices and preferences and these can be used to tailor follow up offers via targeted e-mail marketing.
Safari Adventure Trivia
An interactive adventure that simulates a safari tour and tests adventurers’ knowledge with fun trivia questions. This is an exciting way to engage customers and peak their interest for everything they could see on your tour, and can be restyled to suit any kind of journey!
How it works
- Using our proven promotional tactics, we drive entrants to a competition tab on your Facebook page where they are immersed in an interactive safari adventure.
- Customers are challenged to fun trivia questions, and must answer correctly to proceed to the next point of the tour until they reach their final destination.
- If they’re in need of a helpful hint, the Hint button will bring them to your website where they’ll find your expert advice nested in an attractive landing page with other wow-worthy facts and pictures.
- Once customers reach camp, they enter their details and are given a final ‘Thank You’ message which can offer incentives to visit your site, or a personalised message that completes the memorable online experience sponsored by your Company.
Why you’ll love it
- This custom built campaign reinforces the uniqueness of your company, making your brand resonate with audiences as high quality.
- The simulated adventure experience is fun and engaging for your customers, but also helps to showcase the range of exciting activities and places customers could visit on holiday.
- The Hint button drives customers to your website where they voluntarily explore your webpages for more information, and become familiarised with your tour.
A fun, ‘Where in the World’ style heritage test that educates users about destinations your voyages visit.
How it works
- On an attractively designed and intuitive interface, spectacular images of heritage sites and attractions are displayed through a port hole.
- Your potential customers are asked to select where in the world they think the image was taken for the chance to enter.
- For potential customers who aren’t familiar with the heritage site being displayed, an information button links to relevant information on your website where they have the opportunity to learn more about the places – and continuing exploring other heritage sites they could visit.
- Once your customers submit their details, a final page appears detailing actual location and relevant cruise linked.
Why you’ll love it
- The proven questionnaire mechanic maximises entries, and with an intuitive interface, this is a fun and engaging promotion for audiences of all ages.
- Bold and aspirational images of heritage sites featured on your tour engage potential customers, and educate them about your products.
- Info buttons encourage curiosity about what your potential customers are seeing in images, and drive customers to your website.
- Mechanic can be tweaked to include Multiple level “play once” or daily/weekly play options with play once prize or daily/weekly for “discount”
How our campaigns work
We activate our campaigns through highly targeted Social PR and Influencer outreach combined with optimised Social advertising to deliver reach to exactly the right audience.
Data capture is comprehensive and flexible allowing full compliance with all opt-in regulations and all applications are fully functional on desktop, mobile and tablet.
We specialise in arranging highly relevant top quality commercial partners for our promotions. As part of the arrangements with them, we can negotiate free product as prizes, access to their social networks and inclusion in their newsletters to further extend campaign reach.
We also ensure awareness is raised in your existing community by working with third party or in-house social teams on special announcements via your existing profiles.
Finally, we actively support commercial follow up of any campaign with offers such as discount or money off coupons via the campaign mechanic or a follow up newsletter to deliver a direct return on campaign investment.
For more information on these highly effective ways to collect pre-qualified customer leads from social media – and Facebook in particular, please contact us or call 0117 9111420.