Social media marketing has never been more effective with social networks having a massive impact on individuals and businesses worldwide. Facebook has over 1.28 billion users, making it the largest social network of them all. But how much do we actually know about it…?
Take a look at our infographic below!
- When Facebook first started selling shares in May 2012, the share price was $38. This valued Facebook at over $100 billion. Fast forward to June 2014 and the share price now being quoted has risen to $63 – an increase of almost two thirds.
- 66% of 15-34 year olds are on Facebook.
- 45% of 65+ year olds are also on Facebook.
- 1,500 pieces of content – the average amount that users are exposed to on Facebook every day.
- An estimated 7.5 million websites contain the Facebook like or share buttons.
- Facebook is blocked in China. However, there are still 95 million users of Facebook in China alone.
- Every minute 50,000 links are shared on Facebook, 100,000 friend requests are made and 150,000 messages are sent. This works out at 72,000,000 links shared, 144,000,000 friend requests and 216,000,000 messages sent a day!
- Since Facebook’s launch, over 250 billion photos have been uploaded.
- There are 1,310,000,000 monthly users on Facebook and 680 million of these come through smart phones /mobile devices.
- Facebook believe they are so secure that they offer $500 to anyone that can hack into it.
- 1 in every 7 people on earth is on Facebook.
- The Facebook population is 3 times higher than that of the USA.
- 50% of active users log in every day.
- Facebook’s logo is blue because Mark Zuckerberg is red-green colour blind.
- Today it is the second most visited site in the world after Google.
It is clear that Facebook is hugely popular, so it’s no wonder that social media marketing agencies are taking the business world by storm. Digital Visitor understands that Facebook marketing and Facebook advertising have a hugely beneficial effect on a company’s online presence. If you’re looking to start implementing effective social media campaigns, then get in touch today to see what we can do for you.