Tuesday, May 19, 2015
It’s that time of the year again for fashion houses & retailers. Future trends have been forecast, patterns designed, fabrics ordered and accessories are in production – your new collection is ready for Autumn Winter 15.
With a finger on the pulse of what’s delivering results in social, we’ve gone to our digital team to get some ideas, hot from the social media cutting room floor. Effective, creative and deliverable – these three approaches to retail social media cover some essentials you’ll need to promote your brand next season and beyond.
Look Book AW15
A stylish and engaging multiple choice product selector that can showcase your autumn winter range or the heritage of your brand in the context of your new look books.
How it works
This creative campaign is hosted on your Facebook page, within your website and/or as a standalone project microsite. Our ‘mobile first’ approach ensures your campaign is perfectly optimised for mobile, desktop and tablet.
- Your next customers enter by scrolling through your look book – a series of promotional images for your new season.
- When they see something they like – they click on the item, which is then added to their outfit
- If they want more information on an item, they can click links driving them to your website.
- Once they have selected a number of items, they submit their entry
- Their chosen outfit is then displayed, showcasing their items in a bold gallery with “shop now” buy buttons.
Why you’ll love it:
- A tried & tested user experience that can deliver high quality email-opt ins and sales
- The look book layout emphasises the new season launch to all fashion conscious shoppers.
- Deep links and “shop now” calls to action encourage a direct commercial return from within the campaign.
The Daily Shopper
An informative and engaging Facebook or microsite promotion that helps current and prospective customers discover your new range through the quality details, styling and fabrics on key items from your collection, whilst driving high volumes of traffic to your site.
How it works
This immersive and effective daily play promotion can be hosted on Facebook, within your website and/ or a standalone project microsite.
- The landing page features a zoomed-in image showcasing an element of detailing or fabric on an item from your new range that can change daily.
- Fans are asked to identify the item for a chance to win it, and are given the option to get a clue from a button that drives them to a relevant page on your website.
- Post entry, your fans are shown the relevant item in a gallery with “shop now!” buttons that drive your fans to your website.
- A final ‘Thanks’ page also suggests they check your brand’s Facebook page the next day to see if they won and invites them to come back the next day for another entry.
Why you’ll love it
- Daily mechanic is great for driving viral sharing, entrants and engagement
- A proven capability to capture high quality customer information such as email addresses, & post codes
- Drives high volumes of potential customers to your website daily, repeatedly exposing them to your new seasons & brand message to encourage sales.
- Showcases a different item every day, educating new and old customers about your range.
Shop Now Social Brand Hub
An interactive brand hub that enables you to create value from your customer’s great user generated content and manage and amplify key content from target market influencers.
How it works
- The brand hub is installed on your website and gathers content from Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Tumblr and more, using key brand related mentions and hashtags.
- Content is collected in a queue and is moderated by a content or community manager who accepts/refuses individual images and video.
- Accepted content is published in a stream through the brand hub and can be highlighted through key editorial functionality like “featured” posts and users.
- Content can also be commercialised through “shop now” buttons added to the strongest images from current product ranges.
Why you’ll love it
- A great way to commercialise inbound content from fans, advocates and influencers who wear your clothes and accessories and share content about your brand daily.
- “Shop now” buttons drive potential customers direct to your ecommerce pages, increasing the likelihood of conversion from social significantly.
- You have full management control over the inbound stream , enabling you to highlight and feature selected content to drive visibility of key items or strengthen relations with influencers
- Can be used as a key part of on-going campaigns and promotions using unique campaign hashtags.
- Can be installed on your Facebook page as well as a standalone microsite.
So, there you have it – 3 of our top ideas for AW 15. As social media is becoming more transparent in relation to sales, these ideas capitalise on our focus of showing direct sales and returns for our clients from their digital and social media activities.
To find out more how we make your social media activities successful this season, please call us on 01179111 420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.