Social Media Targeting for Tour Operators
You may think that social media advertising – though relatively recent – has remained, roughly speaking, the same over the course of the past few years. But nothing could be further from the truth. Behind the scenes, there are what feels like monthly updates and improvements made to social advertising formats and targeting options.
This week, Managing Director of Digital Visitor, Anthony Rawlins, took to the stage at the 2016 British Travel and Tourism Show (BTTS) to discuss the impact developments in social media targeting are already having on the travel and tourism industry, and what we can expect to happen in the future.
You can now, with a little experience, target exactly the right audience for your business at an impressively granular level. For instance, I can quickly hop into the Facebook Ads Manager and tell you that there are 690,000 people in the UK alone, aged 24-64 who are specifically interested in both travel and Iceland (the country).
Below is the presentation as it appeared on stage at BTTS, from which you can expect to gain an understanding of:
- How to target the right audiences for your brand
- How to engage and educate new prospects around your brand
- How to convert your new prospects into customers
To summarise, the key takeaways from our presentation are as follows:
- Social media has grown to become one of the most effective advertising platforms for any business
- The targeting capabilities offered by social media mean that you can easily focus your marketing efforts where you know they have the greatest impact
- By knowing your target audience, every business – particularly tour operators – can benefit almost immediately
- Targeting options are only going to improve as we move forward, with greater information, insight and granularity becoming available.