Social media has made a significant impact on the way brands in every industry communicate, engage and connect with their customers and audiences.
This video, created by Digital Visitor and researched by EyeforTravel, looks at how both social media and mobile technology has impacted the travel industry specifically.
Some of the statistics include;
- 100% of travel brands surveyed globally had a Facebook brand profile (up from 82% in Feb 2011)
- 75% had a Twitter profile (up from 64%)
- 71% of travel brands agree to some extent that social media has improved engagement
- 50% of travel brands surveyed agreed that they have generated direct bookings from social media
- Travel marketers surveyed found that using social media reduced PR costs by 24%
…and many, many more interesting statistics and research insights.
As one of the leading providers of social media applications and campaigns for the travel industry, Digital Visitor have won numerous distinguished awards for our work within the industry – most recently winning ‘Innovation in Travel’ category at the 2012 Globes Award.